Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

Tom Tam Crock Pot Chicken

This is another family favourite, and always a winner with guests.  I've modified it over the years from a recipe my amazing sister in law Tammy gave me.  I do this a lot to accommodate our nutritional values as we have learned more about health and changed the things we eat.  I don't like to throw out old favourites, I prefer to update them so they can stick around!  

This tasty dish used to involve sugar and soy sauce and ketchup.  Feel free to use those if you like, this recipe is very flexible.  You can substitute in or out as you need.  I like flexible, do you?



Rice is an easy pairing but truth be told, it's typical for us to eat this by itself with a salad or roasted veggies.  Cauliflower rice is another great option if you are avoiding grains but like to make yourself think you are eating something grain like:)




Cilantro, for me, makes everything better!


TOM TAM CROCK POT CHICKEN

Ingredients:

-1 1/4 cup tomato paste (2 small cans)
-1/2 cup tamari sauce (this is a non soy based "soy sauce")
-1 cup coconut sugar
-1 1/4 tsp mustard 
-3 garlic cloves, minced
-3/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
-1 tsp onion powder
-chicken of your choice, bone in or out.  

-cilantro to taste, on the side


Steps:

-throw everything in the crock pot
-cook on low all day or high for 3-4 hours

serves: 6



No comments:

Post a Comment